The Purchasing Assistant is directly responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials from suppliers. This position includes coordinating production requirements aligned with sales forecasts. Entry of data, report generation and analysis of the data is an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, backorders and delivery timelines.
- Competent with Computers
- Quick to Take Initiative
- Accountable and Dependable
- Possesses Time Management Skills
- Comfortable in a High Pressure Environment
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Has Mathematical Rational
Prepare, analyze, and submit Purchase Orders with suppliers for delivery of raw materials to be used for production of goods.
- Coordinate the movement of purchased materials.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, back-orders and substitutions.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration.
- 2+ years’ experience in administrative/purchasing position.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Preference given to those who have
- Knowledge of ERP Software
- Experience in Manufacturing Industry
Interested applicants please e-mail resume to: email@example.com
Application will be accepted until December 8th, 2017
General Coach Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.